If you are creating a blog for whatever reason- may it be to build an audience or to conduct business and earn money- you need to make sure that you also use SEO to your advantage as well.
Blogging and SEO do go hand-in-hand because you are still running a website. So today, I am going to help you improve your blog’s SEO by giving you some easy steps you can do now to help improve your page rankings.
Optimize Your Blog for SEO
Although your blog posts will carry the bulk of SEO, your blog’s design is actually a part of your SEO campaign. Therefore, you have to optimize it for SEO purposes.
There are a couple of things that you can do, such as:
- Keeping Important Content Above the Fold- People want to know some juicy information about your post immediately that is why you want to put the most important information directly on the landing page.
- Create Hub Pages- If you have plenty of content, you can actually create hub pages where you can categorize your old content based on themes. You should do this for two reasons: to help improve the user experience and also to give life to your old articles.
- Do Not Implement Too Many Ads- Although ads are good for revenue, implementing way too many of them not only slow down your website’s performance but it also annoys your audience as well. Keep them at a minimum.
Optimize Your Articles
The meat of your blog are the articles that you’re going to make, so you want to make sure that optimize them for SEO as well. There are a couple of things that you can do here, such as:
- Using Focused Keywords- Using a keyword research tool, you can find the keywords that your audience is most likely going to use as a search term. Use those keywords strategically in your posts.
- Provide a Great Title- If you want to improve your click-through rate or CTR, you need to have a great title that will compel your audience to click on the link.
- Headings- To give your posts more structure and to help keep it more organized, you should use headings and subheadings whenever possible.
- Internal Linking- Posting links to relevant articles on your blog is actually helpful because it can help improve your audience’s time on site- which helps improve SEO.
You want your blog to be featured in some of the most popular websites in your industry. To do that, you want to do some link building. You can try guest posting on popular websites, being active on social media and community forums, among other things. This will help you get some much-needed backlinks that will direct users to your website.
Lastly, you want to write and write consistently. Google and other search engines actually know when’s the last time you uploaded new content. If you run out of ideas, there are some things that you can do.
There are keyword discovery tools out there that will help you know what your audience is currently searching for over the internet.
Second, you may want to revisit some of your old posts and see if the information there can be updated. Whenever you update your post, search engines will consider it as a “new” upload.